Your message was so full of hatred and polemic - and absolute error, well,
I'll just address your errors as they appeared:
- That was a real conversation, I don't make things up - I don't need to.
In fact, I'll post your message along side the other, but I'll withhold
your last name unless you give me permission to post it (and/or your
- Constantine was never Pope - that's your first error.
- Second error: Peter didn't start the Catholic Church, Jesus did.
- Third error: Having a wife is not taboo in Catholicism. It is quite
common in the Eastern Rites and there have been several
exceptions made in the Latin (Western) Rite.
- Fourth error: Catholicism, globally does not say that a priest
must be celebate - that's a Latin Tradition, and it's not
written in stone - in fact could be changed at any time.
- Fifth error: Nowhere in Scriptures do we find that Scriptures are
to be the sole source for teachings for the Church.
- Sixth error: Tritheistic? Sorry, we're monotheists and we accept
that there are Three Divine Persons in One God, and the concept
of Triune + ity (Trinity) is not something we can fully comprehend
at this time. We confess there is but One God. You might want
to take a look at this site:
Dave Armstrong offers quite a bit of input on the subject, from the
- And why should I accept your definition of who the "mother of all
harlots is from Revelations, over say a definition that labels all
those who schismed from the One, True Church as the same?
- We do not worship the Persian sun god. Sorry.
- I do not pretend to know the mind of Jesus Christ, so I will not
declare whether He knows you or not - but let it suffice, He knows
every hair on your head - and mine too for that matter.
- Not sure who, exactly, that you're referring to that "the Catholic
Church" as killed. Most of those who hate us don't take the time
to take an objective look at history to see what really happened.
- The Books of the Bible were finally assembled at the Councils of
Carthage and Hippo, in the late 4th century - even after your
erroneous start date (of Constantine). Yes, there were several
other "canons" of Sacred Scripture assembled by individual
bishops prior to the late 300's - but those lists varied one from
another and it would not be until Carthage and Hippo that the
canon was solidified, and then at Trent defined as dogma.
- At least the seventh error: The Catholic Church was started by
Jesus Christ, and the first members were converted Jews.
Shortly thereafter came the conversion of the Gentiles.
- Yes, you got one thing right! The Church did start at
Jerusalem! We don't claim Rome was the original see.
- Eighth error: Well, you cannot say "none of (us) Catholics have
obeyed the (W)ord" since you have not known ALL of us. I
would say there are probably many Catholics who do not obey,
and may God have mercy on their soul.
- Acts was "stolen?" Huh? I think you'll have to expound upon
- You accuse of of not obeying Acts 2:38:
Acts2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of
your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (NAS)
But we don't ignore Jesus' own Words in Matthew 28:
Mat28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying,
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
So, where Luke (the likely writer of Acts) didn't include the whole
formula, Matthew, the Apostle, did. And you're accusing us of
not obeying something? What's wrong with this picture?
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and
the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you;
and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (NAS)
- Ninth error (at least): Yes, we do believe Jesus Christ is God.
What we do not believe is that God went through "modes."
When Jesus prayed to the Father in Gethsemene, to Whom
was he praying? Jesus, God the Son, was praying to God
the Father - two distinct persons in One God.
- Your closing comment does not deserve a response.
----- Original Message -----
From: Name Withheld
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 14:58
Subject: Catholic Cult
I read the so called message that you were suppose to have had with a modalistic monarchian. Let me state that your Harlot cult did not truly begin until 325 A.d. with your first Pope Constantine. Peter a monothiestic Jew would have not started such of an abomination to God. He could not have been your first Pope because he had a wife. Your cult say that a priest must be celebate. Nowhere do we find this in practice in the scriptures that say that a preacher must not marry . This very doctrine is another doctrine from the father of all liars just like the trithiestic doctrine that you hold to. Your cult is just the mother of all Harlots that the book of Revelations speak of. The catholic cult is just worshippers of the Persian sun god Mithrias. Jesus Christ does not know any of you. Your cult has killed more one God believers over the centuries than Van camps got Pork and beans.You state that it was the Catholic church that kept the books to gether, this is a lie. The books were already to gether before the Harlot cult was established. The catholic cult was started by converted pagans not the followers of christ. The true church was started in Jerusalem not Rome. None of you catholics have obeyed the word. Acts was stolen by all trithiest. It belongs to the one God believers. None of you are monothiest. All of you are pagan and heathen disguising yourselves as so called christians.If any of you so called christians and your harlot daughter cults believed that Jesus Christ was God in any way you would obey Acts 2:38. The problem is that you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God . All of you are Anti - christ.